Monday 11 January 2016

Just 6 Days to go

Friday, 11 July 2008

6 Days and Counting!


Get in!!! Finally worked out how to use this blog this and upload a picture as well, no small achievement as this isn't my natural habitat. Well, the clock is ticking and the excitement is starting to build. After approximately 23 attempts the bike is finally packed with everything I could possibly need, plus several items which I'm sure will be a complete waste of space. I didn't quite realise quite how much the thing would weigh, not far off the Honda 125 I used to ride. However I'm sure the secondhand Carrera mountain bike kindly donated by my brother a couple of years ago will be well up to the task. After a few modications, ie carbon forks, road tyres, pannier rack, touring saddle extra bottle cage and bags galore, it's ready to roll.
I have to say that although the bike is as good as I can get it on a limited budget, the training schedule hasn't been quite as successful. That said I'm probably fitter on the bike now than I ever have been, so hopefully I'll be OK. I've also had a bit of experience having done a couple of coast to coasts last year and the year before, so that should come in handy too.
Anyway, this time next friday we should be holed up in our dorm near Lands end wondering why the hell we didn't book a fortnight in Spain instead..........

2 comments:

bob mee said...
This just gets better and better.My only regret is that i cannot be with you.I have enjoyed the training.But i must do my Mrs Doubtfire role.Maybe next time.
davegladman said...
Those panniers must be filled with helium - the bikes not even touching the floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment