Monday 11 January 2016

Nerves of Jelly!

Sunday, 22 June 2008


After feeling quite upbeat last week, it's amazing how fast it can change. A busy week that prevented me doing any real training - a 12 mile meander was the best I could do, coupled with a visit to the York Cycle show yesterday (and lousy weather again today) erodes the confidence. Not getting out to do a bit of training means that my knees ache just going up the stairs. The visit to York Show cost me going on for £200 just on odds and ends - never good to part a Yorkshireman from his wallet, even though the new tyres, pedals and bar bag will probably help me get through this (need the bar bag for somewhere to keep my Jammies!!). I'm having withdrawal symptoms too - must be to do with having porridge every morning instead of a Full English.

Only a month before The Grand Depart - outside it's blowing a gale and lashing down. Next time we do this somewhere sunny!

The good news is that you folks keep telling us what we are doing is worthwhile, and donations keep arriving, so that must prove it. This almost feels like doing a Terry Wogan on Children in Need night - keep making those donations!!!!

The Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment