Monday 11 January 2016

Great Yorkshire Bike Ride

Monday, 16 June 2008


 

What a great day out! A long 85 miles but John was good enough to give me some extra weight to carry up the hills! I may have been slow but I got up them all. So well was the event organised that there were even showers provided over the last few miles! Finished nice and clean even if a bit cold.

Good confidence builder too, especially the two big climbs. Also read on CTC LEJOG boards last night that Cornish Hills ain't all they are cracked up to be so just itching to go now, before it starts raining again.

The Daddy

1 comment:

Rich, His Dad, John and Mr Britton said...
A big well done to you all.For the gybr even beating the rain.Now for the big one.One thing missing me.I wish i could be going with you.But my Mrs Doubtfire role seems more important.???!!!
Encourage each other when the going gets tough.
I know Andrew will do one and a half Le-Jog. As he does by going forward then coming back to see where we all are.
Two bits of advice stay away from the Cornish pasties and the Haggis,those blighters have some sharp quills that can penetrate even Kevlar. Keep up the reports your fingers will not be sore but you may have to stand up to type. Don't forget the tough get going when the going get's tough. Have a brill time.
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment