Monday 11 January 2016

The Daddy's final training run

Wednesday, 16 July 2008

The Daddy's final training run


One day to go, and in Le Tour style, that one has to be a rest day. Well, I say rest. Hair shearing, buy last essentials, pick up hire car, pack up car and a few other little jobs besides.


Today went on a ride on a point and go basis. Went a very circuitous route which ended up going around York via Lotherton Hall and Tadcaster, then back via Wetherby. Clocked just over 60 which feels good given that the last 25 miles were again into strong westerly winds. Nice route really as rode a mixture of A & B roads, cycle paths and the really delightful NCN Route 65 into York. Feeding habits have improved a lot. Porridge before the off and then three cake stops with just drinks and small snacks. Seems to do the trick. Mighty hungry on return!


Also tested new piece of kit - bar end mirror. Haven't had one of these since I was a kid, but most impressed. As a result have spent significant amount of time admiring my right knee (see photo). Could this rank with Katisha's left elbow as a tourist attraction, I wonder? I wonder if there is anyone out there as sad as me who will know where that comes from? Answers on a post card please.....


Amazed at recent donations Your generosity will keep us motivated. Many thanks to you all.


Oh, and I must just comment on little ol' Thunderous Thighs Gladman. Titanium is what you will have, as my old pal Malcolm used to say.
The Daddy

5 comments:

J D said...
I did try telephoning but only got that not in the least bit irritating Americano-Korean English accented ansaphone message telling me you’re not available. So I guess you’re en-route or getting an early night. All I wanted to say was good luck and hope the weather goes with you.
sue said...
i will miss those thighs
JohnD said...
Hi Dave,
Not sure who this other JD is who has posted! Must be an imposter :)
Can't believe the time has really come and you are heading off. Very impressed with your commitment to your training regime and the trip in general. Don't worry, I'll get around to sponsoring you before 4/8..
Good luck, God speed and travel safely.
All the best
John D
(The real JD.)
Nick said...
Dave,

Don't forget to oil your chain!
Your ankles.. Your knees.. Your back.. etc. etc.

Seriously though, I hope it goes well!
davegladman said...
tsk tsk. Being reallt sad T've checked this up and it was Katisha's right elbow, not her left. Funny that I could remember that it was available to view Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.

The Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment