Monday 11 January 2016

Foreword

This blog has been cut and pasted from an original blog, the passwords to which have been lost long ago. Some errors may have crept in through the cutting and pasting that has gone on.

What's interesting in recreating the blog of a journey taken in 2008, after 8 years or so have gone by, is to see just how life changing this was. I had considered myself a cyclist for many years prior to doing LEJoG but this was my first tour. It was not to be my last. Since then I've cycled across Spain and completed most of the North Sea Cycle Route; all of these written up into blogs too. Click for my full profile to see links to my other blogs. The fact is, as I've come to discover, I simply love to be going somewhere on my bike. Of course, I've had to add to my stable as the years have gone by! LEJoG was undertaken on my commuting bike, A Dawes Horizon. This was later replaced with another Dawes (A Karakum) which did stirling work carrying me across Spain, the Netherlands and Germany before my present steed, a Koga, arrived upon the scene. The Koga is my dream bike so I'm sticking at that, maybe......

Besides the long tours, I've crossed the country a few times and ridden a few of the recognised routes so maybe they will get written up too.

I'm hoping that I still have lots of miles to travel, new friends to meet and more memories to create. The plan for 2016 is to do the North Sea Cycle Route through Sweden and Norway.

I love cycling and always enjoy swapping tales and ideas so please get in touch.

david.gladman@gmail.com

I'll be pleased to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment