Monday 11 January 2016

Two Weeks To Go!!

Sunday, 6 July 2008

Two Weeks To Go!!!




It is now starting to get scary. There are maps to copy, routes to work through, and hardest of all, what to wear! Well, not so much wear as carry. Should I be prepared for everything or just go as light as possible? How much can I fit into two panniers and a bar bag?

Getting the bike serviced has proved another major obstacle. Local bike shops in Leeds have not been helpful so my trusty Dawes is now in Tadcaster being fettled.

The weather is a continuing concern. This weekend has been mostly torrential rain. Which is good in one respect that at least it is keeping me in and getting me to get some of the other work up to date. Not sure what happened to being retired.

On the other hand, I managed a couple of runs out last week, getting a 60 mile day in on Thursday, which was good. Diet has improved, waistline has shrunk and legs are getting stronger. Couple of photo's are attached showing the rich diet of a grand Yorkshire view of the riverside at Knaresborough together with picture of cycling friendly food (Beans on Toast!!). Why cycling friendly? 'Cos you are always guaranteed a following wind!!!

Above all I continue to be amazed at just how generous people are in giving donations. Many thanks to all who have donated so far. You are fantastic people.

No comments:

Post a Comment