Monday 11 January 2016

Scotland

Wednesday, 30 July 2008
Scotland is amazing - and not just because we've managed to find two nights of internet in three days!
We've had some amazing riding over the last few days, the highlight being a long freewheeling drop into what looked like a very atmospheric abyss heading into Glencoe yesterday. Having never been to the Highlands before I can truly say they live up to everything I'd heard before.

Everyone's feeling a little drained at the moment and the next few days could be testing, although we're all still confident of making it for Saturday. And a bit of midge relief would be appreciated - why does Scotland have so many?

Photos of the ride (and there are thousands to bore you all with) will be loaded onto a Flickr page for everyone to browse at their leisure - see me for prices of prints of my legs post-ride.

The donations are coming in from folks on the street as well - we've had some from a couple we met on the Scottish border at Gretna Green, and some more today from some guys breakfasting next to us in a great cafe on the High Street.

I still can't believe we've cycled this far in such a short space of time and that I'm still racing up the hills! More to come very soon...

Rich, and everyone else

1 comment:

Alice said...
Looks like you're all having such an amazing time!! I'm so proud of my step daddy and big bro!!
I bet you're all worn out!
Can't wait to see all the pics!
Miss you all!
Lots of Love
Alice xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment